The WS-C2960-48TC-S is a Catalyst 2960 Series fixed-configuration switch. It provides 10/100 Fast Ethernet and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with LAN services for midsize and branch office networks.
This donation includes:
- Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series LAN Lite switch (WS-C2960-48TC-S) with AC power supply
- Product documentation
- Cables: power cord
- Installation hardware: rack-mount brackets and screws
Benefits for Organizations
If you have networking experience or access to a consultant, you can use this switch to extend an existing network, bringing wired connectivity to more employees and supporting new wireless deployments.
Each device meets the following specifications.
- Integrated network ports:
- 48 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Available PoE power:
- Not supported
- 2 dual-purpose 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet or small form-factor pluggable (SFP)
- Cisco IOS software:
- LAN Lite
- Flash memory:
- 32 MB
- 64 MB
- Maximum active VLANs:
- Forwarding bandwidth:
- 16 Gbps
More information about this product and a comparison of Cisco 2960 Series switches is available on the Cisco website.
Additional Equipment Available
You can request additional equipment for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco SFP Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules: Choose from a variety of modules that allow you to connect this device with a fiber optic network.
- Cisco RJ-45 Serial Console Cable for Routers and Switches: Connect a PC to the console port on this device
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program page.