The WS-C2960S-24PS-L is a Catalyst 2960-S Series fixed-configuration switch. It offers 10/100/1000 Ethernet connectivity with enhanced local area network (LAN) and Power over Ethernet services for midsize and branch office networks.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have networking experience, you can use this switch to extend an existing network, bringing wired connectivity to more employees and supporting new wireless deployments.
- LAN Base IOS software: The switch's software includes a rich Layer 2+ suite of intelligent services, including:
- Advanced quality of service (QoS)
- Granular rate limiting
- Access control lists (ACLs)
- IPv6 management
- Multicast services
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): You can use the switch to provide electrical power over Ethernet cables to PoE-enabled devices, reducing costs for electrical cabling and circuits.
- Multiple management options: You can manage the switch with either the embedded GUI device manager or the Windows-based Cisco Network Assistant (available at no cost from the Cisco website).
- Security: The switch offers a range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and Network Admission Control (NAC) based on users, ports, and MAC addresses. Cisco TrustSec prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.
- Energy-saving tools: Cisco's EnergyWise technology allows you to measure and manage the power consumption of network devices for additional cost and resource savings.
- Cisco FlexStacking support: You can use Cisco FlexStacking to manage multiple physical switches as a single unit. Cisco FlexStacking requires the Cisco 2960-S Series FlexStack Stacking Module and Cable.
The 24PS-L model provides:
- Twenty-four 10/100/1000 PoE or PoE+ ports providing up to 15.4 W or 30 W per port (370 W total, maximum of 12 PoE+ ports) for desktop, wireless access point, IP telephony, or closed-circuit TV camera connectivity.
- Four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports (Note: SFP connectivity requires an adapter such as the GLC-FE-100FX or GLC-SX-MM transceiver.)
- One USB Type A and one USB mini-Type B (console) port for file backup, distribution, and simplified operations.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see the Overview of the Cisco Donation Program.