The Cicero API allows organizations to integrate data about legislative districts, elected officials, and elections into websites, databases, and mobile applications.
This donation provides organizations with 5,000 credits for Cicero queries, one credit per query. See below for more information.
Benefits for Organizations
By leveraging the REST-based API of Cicero, you can:
- Stamp your constituent database with associated districts and elected officials at the local, state, and national levels
- Provide lookup tools on your website to find information about legislative districts and elected officials
- Run advocacy campaigns by leveraging Cicero's database of up-to-date contact information for elected officials and information about upcoming elections
- Match constituents to nonlegislative districts such as watersheds, school districts, and census-defined geographies
- Develop mobile applications that leverage GPS coordinates for advocacy
For a complete description of the Cicero API and the data it provides, see the official product page.
Esri Software Not Needed
Though Cicero makes use of Esri ArcGIS Online geocoding, it is not necessary for an organization to have Esri software to use this product.
Azavea sends a warning when an organization is about to reach its credit limit. Unused credits expire one year from the date of their receipt; at that time, organizations can request a new donation through TechSoup.
Organizations with current paid accounts can use this donation to add credits.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
You will need to take further action to obtain this product after your donation request has been approved. TechSoup will send instructions to your organization email address.