A subscription to the cloud-based Caspio database provides access to browser-based tools for creating both databases and web interfaces to them. This subscription is intended for IT professionals and for others comfortable with software and web applications.
This offer provides access to a discount on a one-year subscription to the Caspio Standard Plan. After you request this offer and pay TechSoup's administrative fee, you'll then pay Caspio directly for the discounted subscription. See details below.
Benefits for Organizations
With minimal programming experience, you can use a Caspio subscription to:
- Create database applications for volunteer registration, membership systems, contact management, donor listings, staff directories, petitions, training schedules, and public-facing searchable databases.
- Free your organization from the need to own and maintain server hardware to host databases.
- Create mobile applications accessible with iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
- Database tables: You can create databases either from scratch or by importing existing data. Sources include Microsoft Access and Excel, comma-separated values, fixed-width text, and delimited text files. Wizards guide you through the steps needed to create database tables.
- Database applications: You can create larger database applications that make use of several DataPages. (Caspio uses the term "app" to describe these applications as well as individual DataPages.) Caspio's app-building wizards walk you through creation of customized web applications that can be configured with various interfaces.
- Mobile applications: Every Caspio database application also works as a mobile web application that will run on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry devices. If you want to target a particular platform, you can use style sheets to give your app a native look.
- Security and scalability: Caspio's online database platform gives you security and scalability through clustered databases, firewalls, and load-balanced web servers. Your data is backed up daily. Caspio's security and reliability standards include SSL, SAS 70, PCI compliance, Section 508 accessibility, and TRUSTe certification.
The following table shows important details of this offer.
|Access to Discounted Rates
This TechSoup offer provides access to a 75 percent discount, but an organization must still pay $747 directly to Caspio for the year of service.
|Continuing Service After One Year
At the end of the year of this subscription, you can go directly to Caspio to receive a 20 percent discount for any plan offered. You must give Caspio 30 days' notice if you want to cancel the account.
If you've participated in the free trial for Caspio, you can request this product to activate your trial version.
|Credit Card Required
To complete the registration process, you must enter a credit card number. Caspio will bill you for this subscription and also for any additional services you might use. This is an authorization for charges that will be paid directly to Caspio and not to TechSoup.
|Data Transfer Limit
The Standard Plan includes 1 GB of data transfer per month. If you exceed this limit, you will be charged at regular rates for the excess. More about data transfer and costs for increased usage are explained here: http://www.caspio.com/pricing/pricing-faq.aspx.
Caspio's support is based in the United States and is available via phone, live chat, or a staff-monitored discussion forum. There is also an extensive library of videos and online help available to walk you through all product features.
Other Nonprofit and Educational Offers from Caspio
If you would prefer a Caspio plan other than Standard, or your organization is not eligible for this donation, you can request a 20 percent discount from the Caspio website.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
You will need to take further action to obtain this product after your donation request has been approved. TechSoup will send instructions to your organization email address.