The RFS7000 is a wireless LAN controller that works in conjunction with Brocade wireless access points in the Brocade Wireless Controller System. It is well-suited for campuses, datacenters, and enterprise-level deployments.
This controller requires a license for each access point connected to it. Licenses are not available from TechSoup but can be purchased directly from a Brocade-authorized retailer.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience or hire a consultant, you can use this product to:
- Manage access points from a central location
- Facilitate the transmission of real-time data, voice, and video services in large-scale enterprise environments
- Close security gaps in wireless environments
- Network efficiency: The RFS7000 improves 802.11n performance by forwarding traffic directly to its destination, eliminating controller bottlenecks.
- Smart RF: Automatic RF tuning dynamically adjusts power and channels on any access point to eliminate gaps in coverage.
- Network resiliency: Controller clustering protects against wireless switch failure and offers controller redundancy options.
- Security: The controller includes a stateful Layer 2-7 wired/wireless firewall, integrated IPSec VPN gateway, AAA RADIUS server, secure guest access, and more.
- Four 10/100/1000 copper/SFP Ethernet interfaces
- One 10/100 out-of-band (OOB) port
- One CompactFlash card slot
- Two USB 2.0 slots
- One RJ-45 console serial port
- Wireless standards:
- Wireless LAN:
- Supports up to 256 WLANs
- Access points:
- Supports up to 3,072 Brocade Mobility 300 access points per cluster
- Supports up to 1,024 Brocade Mobility 5181/7131 access points in Adaptive Mode per controller and 12,288 per cluster
- 8,000 users per controller and 96,000 users per cluster
- Firewall sessions:
- 205,000 per controller and 2,460,000 per cluster
- WEP 40/128 (RC4); WPA-TKIP; WPA2-CCMP (AES); 802.11i WPA2-TKIP; Multi-Cipher support
- Java-based web user interface, serial console, SSH, Telnet, SNMP
For more information, see the RFS7000 controller data sheet.
This product includes rack brackets installed, a console cable, and an installation guide.
This product does not include a support plan, but Brocade offers limited online support at its website. Support plans are available from Brocade at standard prices.
A warranty is not included with this product. If this product arrives damaged or defective, please contact TechSoup within the first 90 days of receipt for a replacement product.
No Expedited Shipping
Although expedited shipping may be offered at check-out, this product will only be shipped via standard ground shipping. If this product is requested along with other products, everything in the request will be shipped via standard ground shipping.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged unless damaged or defective. Exchanges due to damage or malfunction during the first 90 days are processed by TechSoup as detailed in the confirmation email.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within 15 business days.