The BR-AP7131-60D20-US is a 7131 Series wireless access point for use in the Brocade Wireless Controller System. It can be mounted on the wall or ceiling.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience or hire a consultant, you can use this product to:
- Grant wireless network access to staff and guests
- Expand the size of a Brocade wireless network
- Automatic configuration: When connected to a Brocade wireless controller, the access point will automatically download all configuration parameters and any necessary firmware updates.
- 802.11n support: This device can transmit data at a rate of up to 300 Mbit/sec.
- Power over Ethernet: The built-in power supply receives power and transfers data through a single CAT-5 Ethernet cable.
Additional Equipment Required
By default, this is a dependent-mode device and requires a Brocade wireless LAN controller to function. If you install the latest firmware, it will no longer function in dependent mode and can operate without a wireless LAN controller.
Brocade wireless LAN controllers are available through TechSoup and require a license for each access point connected to them. Licenses are not available from TechSoup but can be purchased directly from a Brocade-authorized retailer.
This access point does not include antennas, but external antennas can be purchased separately. See the Enterprise Wireless LAN Antenna Specification Guide for a list of compatible antennas.
- Wireless standards:
- 2.4 GHz/5 GHz
- 10/100/1000 Base-T (dual)
- Maximum data rate:
- 300 Mbit/sec
- Maximum concurrent clients:
- WEP 40/128 (RC4); WPA-TKIP; WPA2-CCMP (AES); 802.11i; WPA2-TKIP; Multi-Cipher
- VPN gateway:
- DES, 3DES, AES-128/256
- Java-based web user interface, human-readable config file import/export, command-line interface, SSH, HTTP/S, MIB, programmable SNMP v1/v2c/v3 trap support
For more information, see the Mobility 7131 Series access point data sheet.
This product also includes parts for mounting to a wall or ceiling and a quick installation guide.
This product does not include a support plan, but Brocade offers limited online support at its website. Support plans are available from Brocade at standard prices.
A warranty is not included with this product. If this product arrives damaged or defective, please contact TechSoup within the first 90 days of receipt for a replacement product.
No Expedited Shipping
Although expedited shipping may be offered at check-out, this product will only be shipped via standard ground shipping. If this product is requested along with other products, everything in the request will be shipped via standard ground shipping.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged unless damaged or defective. Exchanges due to damage or malfunction during the first 90 days are processed by TechSoup as detailed in the confirmation email.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within 15 business days.