The BR-AP5181-13040-US is a 5181 Series outdoor wireless access point for use in the Brocade Wireless Controller System. It can be mounted outdoors on a wall or ceiling or attached to a pole.
This donation provides:
- One BR-AP5181-13040-US access point
- One set of RJ-45 cable connectors
- Three antenna dust covers
- Two connector cover AP67 jacks
- Documentation: One install guide and WEEE regulatory addendum
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience or hire a consultant, you can use this product to:
- Grant wireless network access to staff and guests in an outdoor environment
- Create a wireless network with other Brocade access points with or without a wireless LAN controller
- Rugged design: The access point can withstand wind, rain, and extreme temperatures. It includes integrated lightning arrestors and surge protection.
- Automatic configuration: When connected to a Brocade wireless LAN controller, the access point will automatically download all configuration parameters and any necessary firmware updates.
- Power over Ethernet: The built-in power supply receives power and transfers data through a single CAT-5 Ethernet cable.
Additional Equipment Required
This access point does not include antennas, but external antennas can be purchased separately. See the Enterprise Wireless LAN Antenna Specification Guide for a list of compatible antennas.
Each access point requires a power injector or power tap to use Power over Ethernet. Brocade recommends the Mobility 5181 Access Point Power Tap (part number BR-APPSBIAS518101R), designed specifically for outdoor deployments.
If installing the Mobility 5181 Access Point in an outdoor area prone to high winds and rain, Brocade recommends the Mobility 5181 Access Point Heavy Weather Kit (part number BR-KT-5181-HW-01R).
To mount the Mobility 5181 Access Point access point to a pole, a Mobility 5181 Access Point Mounting Kit (part number BR-KT-5181-WP-01R) is required. This kit contains the brackets and accessories required to mount the access point to a pole or wall.
Note: The equipment listed here is not available directly through Brocade because this product has reached end-of-life status. However, this equipment can be obtained through online technology product providers.
- Wireless standards:
- 2.4 GHz/5.2 GHz
- 10/100 Base-T
- Maximum data rate:
- 54 Mbit/sec
- Maximum concurrent clients:
- Operating temperature:
- -22°F to 131°F (-30°C to 55°C)
- Wind survivability:
- Greater than 170 mph (without antenna)
- WEP 40/128 (RC4); KeyGuard; WPA-TKIP; WPA2-CCMP (AES); WPA2-TKIP
- VPN gateway:
- DES, 3DES, AES 128/192/256-bit
- Java-based web user interface, human-readable config file import/export, command-line interface, SSH, HTTP/S, MIB, programmable SNMP v1/v2c/v3 trap support
For more information, see the Mobility 5181 Series access point data sheet and product reference guide.
No Support or Warranty
This product has reached end-of-life and is no longer supported by Brocade.
A warranty is not included with this product. If this product arrives damaged or defective, please contact TechSoup within the first 90 days of receipt for a replacement product.
No Expedited Shipping
Although expedited shipping may be offered at check-out, this product will only be shipped via standard ground shipping. If this product is requested along with other products, everything in the request will be shipped via standard ground shipping.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged unless damaged or defective. Exchanges due to damage or malfunction during the first 90 days are processed by TechSoup as detailed in the confirmation email.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Your product will be delivered within 15 business days.