The ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension expands the core capabilities of ArcGIS for Desktop software by providing spatial modeling and analysis tools. Users can employ a wide range of data formats to combine data sets, interpret new data, and perform complex raster operations such as terrain analysis, surface modeling, surface interpolation, hydrologic analysis, and statistical analysis.
This donation from Esri includes ArcGIS Spatial Analyst software and the web-based training course Learning ArcGIS Spatial Analyst.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst works with any raster format supported by ArcGIS as well as any ArcGIS feature themes, including ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced coverages.
- The 150 tools and functions of ArcGIS Spatial Analyst can be accessed in the same environment as the more than 200 other ArcGIS Desktop tools. Users can also create their own custom tools and include them in the interface.
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst allows the use of several different methods of spatial interpolation to take known values and interpolate them into a surface, deriving new estimated surface values.
- Raster generalization tools clean up small erroneous pixels in the raster and generalize the data to remove or smooth out unnecessary detail.
ArcGIS for Desktop Basic or Standard Required
Recipient organizations must already have and use single-user ArcGIS for Desktop Basic or Standard software or else request ArcGIS for Desktop Basic concurrently with this extension.
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst is compatible with the current version of ArcGIS for Desktop Basic or Standard. Organizations with an ArcGIS core desktop product version 9 or earlier must upgrade to the currently shipping version in order to use this extension license.
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Software
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst adds these capabilities to those of ArcGIS for Desktop Basic:
- Suitability modeling: Select the best location for a new site.
- Surface analysis: Build and analyze complex surfaces to identify patterns or features.
- Distance analysis: Calculate the cost of travel, cost-weighted distance, least-cost path, and shortest path.
- Hydrologic analysis: Derive new information from hydrologic and landscape data using specialized tools.
- Statistical analysis: Apply cell, neighborhood, zonal overlay, and multivariate statistical analysis techniques.
- Map algebra: Combine multiple maps, perform suitability analysis, assign weights, and identify relationships.
More details and links to case studies can be found on the Esri website to help in evaluating whether this product is what is needed.
The online training course Learning ArcGIS Spatial Analyst teaches how to use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst to produce and control raster data. In course exercises, students create, execute, and automate spatial analysis workflows. The course takes about 18 hours to complete.
The ArcScripts website contains thousands of free user-created extensions, tools, and add-ons for any Esri product.
This license is for a single-user version. Organizations that already own concurrent-user versions of any Esri software will not be able to use the product offered here with their concurrent-user version. Further, on a given computer, no single-user product can be used at the same time as any concurrent-user product.
This product must be installed and activated on only one computer.
Support and Maintenance
Esri will provide one year of product support and maintenance to recipients of this donation. In addition to telephone and online support, maintenance includes new software releases, service packs, patches, and hot fixes.
Before this year of free software maintenance and support expires, Esri will send a quotation for continuing software maintenance for the following year. Organizations have the option of purchasing the software maintenance from Esri, terminating the maintenance agreement and using the product without support, or applying to the Esri Conservation Program for a maintenance grant at http://www.conservationgis.org/grant/maintenancegrants.html. If the agreement is terminated and later reinstated, the organization will be billed for the lapsed maintenance period and the new annual maintenance period.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send two emails with information needed to complete the installation or activation.