The ArcGIS Network Analyst extension expands the core capabilities of ArcView GIS software by providing network-based spatial analysis tools. Users can build multimodal routes, provide travel directions, look for closest facilities, and create service areas and origin-destination cost matrices. They can solve vehicle routing problems that include turn restrictions, speed limits, height restrictions, and traffic conditions at different times of the day.
This donation from Esri includes ArcGIS Network Analyst for one user.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- Routes can consider barriers, such as closed streets.
- Service areas can be based on either driving time or driving distance.
- Network maps can be overlaid with other data layers to reveal relationships not otherwise apparent.
- Driving directions can be shown as text, overview maps, turn-by-turn maps, or stop vicinity maps.
- Introduction to ArcGIS Network Analyst is a free online training course available to anyone on the Esri website. It shows how the extension solves various problems and explains how to create simple and multimodal network datasets. It takes about one hour to complete.
ArcView or ArcEditor Required
Recipient organizations must already have and use single-user ArcView or ArcEditor software or else request ArcView concurrently with this extension.
ArcGIS Network Analyst is compatible with the current version of ArcGIS ArcView or ArcEditor. Organizations with an ArcGIS core desktop product version 9 or earlier must upgrade to the currently shipping version in order to use this extension license.
ArcGIS Network Analyst Software
ArcGIS Network Analyst adds these capabilities to those of ArcView:
- Routing: Develop routes that consider time windows, driver breaks, and vehicle capacities.
- Service area analysis: Generate complex polygons; allocate service across networks.
- Closest-facility analysis: Route according to fixed and mobile assets; plan for emergency response.
- Driving directions: Create expandable inset maps; enable auto-generation.
- Modeling realistic network conditions: Create models that encompass such attributes as distance, time, visibility, multipart turns, dynamic impedance, and hierarchical routing.
- Multimodal networks: Model multiple forms of transportation across a single dataset by using points of coincidence, such as rail stations or bus stops, that form the linkages between several different forms of transportation.
More details and links to case studies can be found on the Esri website to help in evaluating whether this product is what is needed.
The ArcScripts website contains thousands of free user-created extensions, tools, and add-ons for any Esri product.
This license is for a single-user version. Organizations that already own concurrent-user versions of any Esri software will not be able to use the product offered here with their concurrent-user version. Further, on a given computer, no single-user product can be used at the same time as any concurrent-user product.
This product must be installed and activated on only one computer.
Support and Maintenance
Esri will provide one year of product support and maintenance to recipients of this donation. In addition to telephone and online support, maintenance includes new software releases, service packs, patches, and hot fixes.
Before this year of free software maintenance and support expires, Esri will send a quotation for continuing software maintenance for the following year. Organizations have the option of purchasing the software maintenance from Esri, terminating the maintenance agreement and using the product without support, or applying to the Esri Conservation Program for a maintenance grant at http://www.conservationgis.org/grant/maintenancegrants.html. If the agreement is terminated and later reinstated, the organization will be billed for the lapsed maintenance period and the new annual maintenance period.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.