ArcGIS for Desktop Standard is the second licensing level for ArcGIS Desktop software. ArcGIS for Desktop Basic is the first licensing level. ArcGIS for Desktop Standard expands the capabilities of ArcGIS for Desktop Basic by providing a set of tools to create, edit, and ensure the quality of GIS data within a multiuser editing environment.
This donation from Esri includes ArcGIS for Desktop Standard and the web-based training course Creating, Editing, and Managing Geodatabases for ArcGIS Desktop for one student.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- ArcGIS for Desktop Standard makes it possible to edit in the field with disconnected editing and implement QA procedures for validating edits.
- Editing tools, construction tools, and conflict detection and resolution tools help automate the editing workflow.
- ArcGIS for Desktop Standard can store historical snapshots of data and different views of map layers that represent what-if scenarios without affecting the layers they are built on.
- Versioning allows users to monitor how the database has evolved over time.
ArcGIS for Desktop Standard Software
ArcGIS for Desktop Standard adds these capabilities to those of ArcGIS for Desktop Basic:
- Multiuser editing and versioning: Allow multiple users to simultaneously modify the same data without interfering with each other.
- Rules-based topology: Locate and fix errors according to rules and behaviors set for the geodatabase.
- Advanced editing and productivity tools: Speed up data maintenance and automation with CAD-like editing and productivity tools.
More details and links to case studies can be found on the Esri website to help in evaluating whether this product is what is needed.
The online training course Creating, Editing, and Managing Geodatabases for ArcGIS Desktop gives experienced ArcGIS users an introduction to the geodatabase, which is a data model that allows features to be modeled realistically. The course takes about 12 hours to complete.
The ArcScripts website contains thousands of free user-created extensions, tools, and add-ons for any Esri product.
This license is for a single-user version. Organizations that already own concurrent-user versions of any Esri software will not be able to use the product offered here with their concurrent-user version. Further, on a given computer, no single-user product can be used at the same time as any concurrent-user product.
This product must be installed and activated on only one computer.
Support and Maintenance
Esri will provide one year of product support and maintenance to recipients of this donation. In addition to telephone and online support, maintenance includes new software releases, service packs, patches, and hot fixes.
Before this year of free software maintenance and support expires, Esri will send a quotation for continuing software maintenance for the following year. Organizations have the option of purchasing the software maintenance from Esri, terminating the maintenance agreement and using the product without support, or applying to the Esri Conservation Program for a maintenance grant at http://www.conservationgis.org/grant/maintenancegrants.html. If the agreement is terminated and later reinstated, the organization will be billed for the lapsed maintenance period and the new annual maintenance period.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send two emails with information needed to complete the installation or activation.