Access is a relational database management system that helps information workers track and report information.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have database experience, you can use Access to:
- Maintain a database of information on members, donors, and other constituents
- Convert data to reports and forms
- Automate data processing without writing any code
- Templates: Access includes prebuilt solutions that you can modify and adapt to your needs.
- Forms and reports: You can design and create professional forms and reports based on the fields in your databases.
- Tool development: Expression Builder and Macro Designer allow you to add automation and complex expressions without writing any code.
- Web access: When connected with SharePoint Server, you can post your databases online and access, view, and edit them from the web. Users without Access software can open web forms and reports in a web browser and synchronize their changes automatically.
- Data import: Access can connect to and import data from external sources, such as other Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, ODBC sources, and SQL Server database.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office 2013 suites and applications, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, see Volume Licensing Service Center — Product Keys. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product. After you download the software, learn how to install it or burn it to a disc for later use.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the first email you receive from TechSoup after requesting this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.