First things first: let’s see if your organization is already registered with TechSoup. Make sure you’re logged in, then search by employer identification number (EIN) for nonprofits, or FSCS ID for libraries. If your organization is already in our database, you can become an authorized agent by associating with your organization. If your organization isn’t in our database, register it.
Associate with an Already Registered Organization: If your organization is already registered with TechSoup, you may then become an authorized agent. This lets you represent your organization and request donations on its behalf. In order to become an authorized agent, you’ll need your organization’s association code. This code is used to link individual TechSoup member accounts to an organization. If you don't know the association code, here are three ways to find it:
- View a list of current authorized agents by initiating the registration process and entering your organization's country, status, and tax ID.
- Ask around your organization to find out who the current authorized agents are. They'll be able to see the association code in their Member Profile page after they log in.
- Send us a message through TechSoup’s “Need More Help” form. You’ll need the following information: organization EIN or FSCS ID; organization name; organization address; organization phone number; your name; your job title; your email address; and your TechSoup username.
Register Your Organization: It's not difficult to register an organization. Just make sure you have the following information before you start:
- Organization name, street address, phone and fax numbers, and email address (to receive product donation instructions and licensing information)
- Annual operating budget
- Organization type and subtype (those that best reflect your primary mission and activities; for public libraries this field will already be filled in)
- For 501(c)(3) organizations: your employer identification number (EIN). Or, for public libraries: the nine-digit FSCS ID number for your branch (it can be found on the IMLS website).
- Public libraries will also need to provide information on staffing, communities served, and computer networks.
Qualify Your Organization: You must be qualified to receive product donations. After you've registered your organization, you'll submit a completed Qualification Checklist (PDF 51 KB) and other documents to verify your tax exempt status and other information. Send documents by fax: (415) 633-9444; email: email@example.com; or postal mail: TechSoup Client Services, 435 Brannan Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107.