Would you like to make working in QuickBooks much easier? Downloading transactions directly into QuickBooks is the answer. This service, which is free of charge, allows you to download all transactions (deposits, ACH drafts, payroll drafts, debit card purchases, bank fees, and so on) from your bank account into QuickBooks, saving you hours of data entry time and ensuring your balances are always up-to-date. The feature works for credit cards as well!
After reviewing best practices for nonprofits using QuickBooks, Gregg S. Bossen CPA, author of QuickBooks Made Easy, demonstrates how downloading transactions can aid your nonprofit or charity. Gregg walks you through the process step-by-step, from setting up your bank or credit card account in QuickBooks, to linking the account with your bank's account through your bank's website, to downloading transactions and quickly adding them to your QuickBooks file.
- How to set up your bank account or credit card account for online banking
- Understanding the online banking center
- How to download transactions directly or manually through a web connect import file
- How to best review transactions prior to adding to QuickBooks
- How to delete unwanted transactions from the import file
- How to match downloaded transactions already entered in QuickBooks
- How to add downloaded transactions not yet entered in QuickBooks
- Assigning downloaded transactions to Programs and Restricted Grants
- Understanding the advantages and limitations of the way QuickBooks sometimes renames vendors
- How to correct downloaded transactions that are being associated with the wrong vendors
- Using the online bill pay feature to send transactions for processing to your bank
This work is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License. If you have any questions regarding redistribution or use of this work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.