What are the award categories and prize amount?
- Best story promoting youth or engagement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - US$5,000
- Best Story Overall - US$5,000
- Best Super-Short story - US$1,000
- Best Newbie story - US$1,000
- Audience Choice - US$1,000
What are the criteria and requirements for each category?
Can I submit more than one story?
- The STEM award will be judged at the discretion of our judges. The story must be seen as promoting youth engagement with STEM issues.
- The best overall category will be judged at the discretion of our judges. The judges will chose based on overall creativity and technical merit and stories must be viewed as social benefit in nature.
- The best super-short story will be judged at the discretion of our judges. The judges will choose based on overall creativity and technical merit. Stories must be viewed as social benefit in nature and under 20 seconds.
- The best newbie award will be awarded as the discretion of our judges. The submission should be the first digital story made by the storymaker and must be social benefit in nature.
- The audience award will be awarded based on YouNoodle voter participation and will be awarded subject to the review by our judges.
You can submit one under-two-minute digital video, one five-photograph slide-show, and one 20-second super-short video.
How do I submit?
Follow the YouNoodle submission instructions from our homepage. For under two-minute videos, you will need to upload to YouTube and submit the embed code. For photographs, you will need to upload to flickr and tag the photographs "Storymakers2014" and add these to the TechSoup flickr group. For the super-short video under 20 seconds, you will need to submit to Vine or Instagram and tag it "Storymakers2014". Alternatively, you can upload the super-short file to YouNoodle.
Will my story be disqualified if it is over two minutes long?
Yes, your story will be disqualified. The video stories must be under two-minutes long.
Can children submit a story?
No, the challenge is only open to adults over the age of eighteen (18). However, adults may submit on behalf of children.
Is the campaign open only to those in the US?
No, this is a global campaign. However, this Challenge is void in the U.S. states of Maryland, North Dakota, and Vermont; the Canadian province of Québec; and in any and all jurisdictions where skill contest advertising promotions are prohibited or restricted by law. This Challenge is void in Cuba, Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, and Sudan.
Can I submit if I submitted last year?
Yes, you can submit if you submitted last year. You cannot submit a story that was submitted in previous years.